Amavi Medical, PLLC
Amavi Med Spa
Effective October 18, 2017
We may collect your contact information. This might include name and postal address. We may also collect email addresses and/or telephone numbers. We also may collect your account username and password.
If you make a purchase through our website, applications, or our vendors we may collect purchase information. This includes credit card information and billing addresses. It may also include shipping information.
We may also collect your date of birth, age, or gender. We may also collect information about your online and browsing behaviors, or your hobbies and interests. We may also collect information about your household or style preferences. And we may also collect information about geographic location, such as your zip code, city and state, and mobile location.
We may also collect or keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to computers on a network that is used to identify your computer when connected to the Internet. We may also collect information about your computer or device, including your computer’s operating system type, your phone’s unique device ID, web browser type, and other similar mobile device data. We collect this information, among other things, to: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns; (ii) maintain website safety and security; (iii) restrict access to our website to certain users, and (iv) better understand how our website is utilized.
We, or a third party on our behalf, may also collect log files that record activity when web users access our websites and mobile applications. These logs record, among other things: (i) a user’s browser type and operating system; (ii) information about a user’s session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our website, and which pages they have viewed on our site and for how long); and (iii) other similar navigational data. We may also use information captured in log files to gather statistics about our user base and for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve and customize the online services we provide you. Log files are not associated with any particular user’s personal information.
Notice of Information We Collect and How We Use It.
We will collect information when you voluntarily provide it to us. You might do this through one of our online forms available on this website, through our applications, or at offline programs and events. These are most commonly encountered when:
- purchasing products or services from this website;
- registering or signing up for membership on this website;
- posting comments on message boards and other interactive discussions forms;
- responding to surveys;
- participating in sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions;
- registering for newsletters or other communications from us; or
- interacting with us on social media platforms.
We may also collect information you provide to us in connection with content that you submit. This might be content you post on our website or applications, via email or through text or video message.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and service you and our community. This information may also include click stream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the site.
The methods that we and our service providers use to automatically collect such information include:
- Log Information: we collect information about your use of our site, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our site.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using our Service. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our site. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
- Web Beacons:We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” in our web pages and email messages. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to our Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count how many emails that we sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts:An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the site, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies: We may use global positioning systems (“GPS”) software and other location-based technologies to locate you so we may verify your location, and deliver relevant content to you based on your location.
Information we automatically collect about you, such as how you interact with our site, may be combined with your Personal Information. If we associate any such automatically-collected information with Personal Information about you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We and our business partners and other third parties may send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends and/or interests identified through automatically-collected information.
Information We Collect From Our Partners and Other Sources.
We may also obtain information about you (such as email and address) from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. If we receive Personal Information from a third party source and/or if we combine the information we receive from these third party sources with your Personal Information, we will treat that information as Personal Information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect, use and share such information.
Third Party Advertisers.
Surveys or Contests.
We may provide you with the opportunity to participate in surveys or contests on our site. If you participate, we will request certain Personal Information. The requested information typically includes contact information, such as name and shipping address, and demographic information.
We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor site traffic, or to personalize the site and to send participants an email newsletter. By participating in a survey or contest you submit to that activity’s terms and conditions, including providing us with permission, if required, to share your Personal Information with sponsors of that survey and/or contest.
Links to Other Websites.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, update, delete it or deactivate your account by going to your account or by emailing our Customer Support at www.amavimedspa.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information provided below.
The security of your information is important to us, including, but not limited to, the Personal Information collected via the site. We use reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, unauthorized access, misuse, alteration and destruction of Personal Information under our control, both during the transmission and once we receive it. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of firewalls and encryption. Although we make good faith efforts to maintain the security of such Personal Information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. Further, while we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining this information. We keep Personal Information no longer than necessary for legitimate business purpose or as required by law.
As part of securing personal data stored on our servers, we restrict access to Personal Information to Amavi employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or the site or by providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services.
If a security systems breach occurs, we may post a notice on our homepage (www.Amavimedspa.com) or elsewhere on the site and may send email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. This notice paragraph applies to users of Services and the Website.
Change of Ownership.
In the event of a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or transfer or sale of all or a portion of our assets to, another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of your Personal Information, including email addresses, to that entity. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registered users of any such transfer to an unaffiliated third party (by a posting on our homepage, or by email to your email address that you provided to us, as chosen by us in our discretion).
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. Amavi and the site are not directed toward individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information through our site. Additionally, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18, unless or except as permitted by law. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected from a user under 18 years of age on or through the site, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 18 who has registered on the site or you believe has otherwise provided Personal Information to Amavi, please contact Amavi at 631-665-3555 to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.
Notice to California Residents.
If you are a resident of the state of California, California’s “Shine the Light” law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at: 85B E Main Street, Bay Shore, NY 11706.